Another Mass Shooting and Still No Action


                                        


Can you name this man? Or at least recognize him? His name is Stephen Craig Paddock otherwise known as the Las Vegas shooter. This mass shooting took place on October 1st at a country music concert in Las Vegas. He opened fire on a crowd full of people from his hotel room. People were running for their lives and seeking safety. At least 59 people died and 500 were injured. The reaction around the nation was shocking. People did not believe that this could ever happen at a country concert but should have happened at a rap concert. There are still people in the hospital recovering from their injuries and people are wondering how they are going to pay their bills. President Barack Obama stated that “Our thoughts are with their families and everyone enduring another senseless tragedy.” Hillary Clinton stated that Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get. We can and must put politics aside, stand up to the NRA and work together to try to stop this from happening again.” Donald Trump said "Look, we have a tragedy. What happened is, in many ways, a miracle.The police department, they’ve done such an incredible job. And we’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes on. But I do have to say, how quickly the police department was able to get in was really very much of a miracle. They’ve done an amazing job.” Since then there has been no major change in gun control laws. Why not? More and more people continue to get hurt because our government won't do anything about it. A concert is supposed to be a safe place to enjoy music-- not fear for your life. 

Comments

  1. It is almost as if our country as a whole is becoming desensitized to mass shootings and violent attacks. We see that they can happen anywhere, a club, concert, a running trail, movie theater, or school. Yet the results are always the same. There is media attention and then something else happens and we move on. We stop thinking of the families and victims because another act of violence takes that one’s place. But there is never any movement toward prevention or healing the wounds that have caused our nation to become so wounded that this is how people feel the need to strike back. If you simple read the eloquence in the reactions from Obama and Clinton and compare them to Trump it is easy to see that something has been lost in our handling of tragedy. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Konner,
    When I woke up and saw the news this happened I felt scared to know this happens. The fact that people were having a good time not expecting a mass shooting at a concert and this happens makes you second guess when you go somewhere. It’s so sad about the 59 lives dying and 500 people were injured. I truly believe that people would not expect that at a country concert. It is why people were so in shock about the tragedy. The police has done an amazing job in investigating the situation. They even got an interview with his girlfriend who he actually sent off to her home country for her not to be witness in this tragedy he did. He wired about $100,000.00 to his girlfriend when she left. We can all hope this doesn’t happen again because the country is only become very unsafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! I love the intro where you're asking the reader questions and showing the picture of Paddock. I actually had not seen a picture of him prior to this post so it caught my eye even further. The only critiques I would have is that I'm confused as to why the font changed colors from white to black mid way through the post as well as why there are white bars seperating text. Granted, I am viewing this from my smartphone so it could be just loading incorrectly, but I'm not sure it would incorrectly load font color? Hope this helps some, great post otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts